SongFight! (IRC channel)
- Austria (randomly selected)
- Austria 1
- Austria 2
- Switzerland 1
- Germany (randomly selected)
- Germany 1
- Germany 2
- Germany 3
Easy and simple
You can join the chat right inside your web browser: Song Fight web chat
There is also another web-based client here. Enter your nickname and you're off.
Less easy and simple
This may be interesting for regular visitors.
- Download X-Chat (this is for Windows; try xchat.org for Linux or whatever for other platforms). Install it. Run it.
- Enter a nickname of your choice. Enter a username of your choice. Enter a real name of your choice. Select "euIRC" from the list of networks (it might be listed as "EUIrc" instead; be flexible).
- Click on "edit". Change the text field "favorite channels" to say "#songfight!" (without the quotes). Check "auto connect to this network at startup". Click on "close".
- Click on "connect". Next time you run X-Chat, it should have remembered all of the previous settings so you only have to repeat this step.
All sorts of software out there may have IRC functionality built in, particularly IM clients (AIM, MSN, Jabber, etc). One is Pidgin (Windows/Linux).
Simply enter the connection settings (server, port) and you're off.
There's nobody talking, I'm leaving!
For some outlandish reason, we're not there all the time. Try this: say hi. Keep the chat open in the background. Occasionally check back if anyone else said anything. It doesn't cost anything and your chances are significantly better than if you leave after a minute or two of silence.